The Economic Innovation Group (EIG) is an ideas laboratory and advocacy organization dedicated to forging a more dynamic, entrepreneurial, and innovative U.S. economy for the 21st century. Headquartered in Washington, D.C. and led by an experienced, bipartisan team, EIG convenes leading experts from the public and private sectors, develops original policy research, and works to advance creative legislative proposals that will bring new jobs, investment, and economic growth to communities across the nation.
Location - Washington, D.C.
The Manager of Government Affairs will work with the Senior Director for Policy & Strategy and the broader EIG Executive Team and staff to execute the organization’s policy, advocacy, and outreach strategy. This person will serve as a lobbyist for the organization and will work to develop and implement the organization’s policy proposals.
Specific responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Serve as a lobbyist with responsibility for helping to develop and implement the organization’s policy proposals and advocacy strategy at the federal, state, and local levels;
- Work closely with EIG’s policy advisors and Economic Advisory Board on original research projects, policy development, and legislative strategy;
- Assist in guiding EIG’s founders, economists, and principals in interactions with Congress, the Administration, and state and local officials;
- Assist in managing day-to-day activities of the EIG consultant team;
- Monitor legislative and political developments to ensure key organizational stakeholders are kept apprised of relevant developments; E firstname.lastname@example.org A 711 d street nw 3 R D FLOOR washington dc 20004 W eig.org
- Coordinate and maintain relationships with think tanks, associations, and other entities to build coalitions in support of EIG’s policy agenda; and
- Work closely with the communications and public affairs team in crafting effective public messaging regarding the organization’s mission, strategy, and public policy priorities.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in roles dealing directly with economic policy. Advocacy and/or government experience strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with key stakeholders engaged in economic and tax issues in Congress, the Administration, and the think tank communities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the legislative process and specific areas of economic and tax policy.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Experience working with advocacy networks and coalition building.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to work in a start-up environment.
- Passion for bringing the voice of innovative entrepreneurs and investors to the national economic policy debate.
- Self-motivated, creative, organized, and deeply committed to personal and organizational excellence.
A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
How to Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter to Milica Cosic with the subject line “Manager of Government Affairs.”
Manager for Operations and Administration
Economic Innovation Group
Deadline - Open Until Filled