Volunteer Position, Graphic Designer
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Position Description: YPFP Brussels is looking for a motivated individual who will be responsible for designing visual graphics for the branch’s communication activities. The successful candidate will have previous experience of working with design software and be able to plan their workload to fit around short-term and longer term design projects.
This is a great opportunity for a young graphic designer who wants to build up their portfolio and make an impact within a small team.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Plan and illustrate concepts for graphics, through to completion of design;
- Work with a wide range of media, including photography and video content;
- Keep up to date with emerging trends and best practices;
- Actively seek ways to improve the visual identity of the branch to assist in YPFP’s branding and marketing efforts;
- Ability to collaborate with the YPFP Brussels team to develop new brands when required;
- Work closely with and report to the Communications & Marketing Director and Deputy Director;
- Assist the Communications & Marketing team where necessary.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Past experience in graphic design, and developed skills in desktop publishing software (e.g. Adobe suite);
- Personal access to graphic design and layout software is required;
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense;
- Working knowledge of social media platforms;
- Past experience of video editing and design is desirable;
- Past experience in photography is desirable;
- Be self-motivated, well organized and able to work efficiently and autonomously, as part of a small team;
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer;
- Required to attend quarterly All Staff evening meetings;
- Required to attend monthly communications staff evening meetings;
- Required to attend most Programming evening events;
- Required time commitment of up to 10 hours per week;
- Required to respond to e-mails daily [as soon as possible];
- Excellent written and spoken English skills;
- Home internet access;
- Live in Brussels, Belgium.
Potential candidates should send a brief cover letter and CV to Alex Godson at: email@example.com