Development Transformations (DT) is an international organization thatfocuses on providing development assistance to partners and countries in the midst of - or emerging from - political transition. DT provides programimplementation, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation for civilsociety, democracy, transitional governance, and stabilization programs.Please see: www. Developmenttransformations.com.
Development Transformations (DT) is seeking a Transition Advisor to provide long-term support to USAID/Office of Transition Initiative’s (OTI) Yemen Stabilization Initiative (YSI). The Transition Advisor will provide program guidance, political analysis, and managerial support for YSI.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide independent advice, analysis and reporting to OTI on the following: Current local and regional political developments and security concerns, Potential areas of intervention for OTI (geographic and type), Day-to-day programmatic, operational, and strategic matters, Grant proposals that are submitted by YSI staff, OTI’s needs: necessary personnel, equipment, etc.
- Work with the OTI Country Representative and senior YSI staff to ensure the program responds fully and appropriately to security developments
- Monitor and report to OTI on the following activities: Program activities, including partner grants, procurement, technical assistance, or sub-contracts that will span a variety of sectors, The ongoing efficiacy of YSI’s M&E efforts; Guide, participate in, and provide support to evaluation processes measuring the impact of OTI activities, including SRSs, PPRs, and Rolling Assessments
- Work closely with the Country Representative to develop regular and ad hoc reports and success stories for the program as appropriate, and work closely with the implementing partner staff to ensure that all project reporting is well written, comprehensive, and meets the information needs of the program.
- Reports may include: Transition News, Activity and Activity Cluster Reports, Monthly database analysis reports, Program Performance Review Analysis, Snapshots (Success Stories), Quarterly Financial and Accruals Report
- Work closely with YSI staff to ensure the effective use of the OTI Activity Database
- Work collaboratively with YSI staff to maintain program flexibility in
- order to respond to a possible need to close the program as a result of unforeseen events.
- Assist in the conceptualization and design of program strategies and objectives in close coordination with OTI and YSI staff. Assist in the regular review and refining strategic objectives and advocating on behalf of new programmatic approaches in-country and/or linked to neighboring country programs, where appropriate.
- Participate in and help lead in-country Strategic Planning/Team Building Workshops, After Action Reviews, periodic Program Performance Reviews, and After Exit Reviews; provide input to OTI and OTI Partner(s) on the agenda for these workshops.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Previous experience with OTI strongly desired
- Minimum of six years experience in a related position, including: contract/grant management, community development, civil society, democracy and governance, human rights, humanitarian response, and political analysis
- Minimum of three years experience in conflict-prone countries
- Minimum of two supervisory experience at a management level
- Minimum of two years experience supervising small grants programming
- Experience working in an Arabic-speaking country
- Demonstrated ability to maintain staff morale in a challenging
- Advanced degree in a related field or equivalent professional experience
To apply, please visit DT's website at: http://www.developmenttransformations.com/join-us/