Trainee Research Analyst
Noble Group is a market-leading global supply chain manager of agricultural and energy products, metals and minerals. Our objective is to build long-term value for our shareholders. Noble Group was established in 1987 in the belief that urbanisation would drive demand for the products and services that we aimed to provide. We connect low cost producing countries with high demand growth markets. Our investments focus on key stages of the supply chain to create and extract additional value, manage risk and secure long-term flows of products and information.
The Noble Group, a commodities trading house, is hiring a traineeresearch analyst to work in the sugar division. The position is greatfor someone with no to limited experience in commodities markets but who has a strong interest in international economics and politics and is looking for something in the private sector. The mainqualifications are intro statistical and economics background,interest in international markets and a desire to learn; solid Spanishskills would also be a big plus. The analyst would be based inStamford, CT with the rest of our global central desk for sugar.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Expand Noble's research coverage into North America and Latin America ex-Brazil, analyzing trends in consumption, production cycles andgovernment policy
- Maintain Noble's sugar supply and demand database with latest supply and demand and shipment update
- Monitor global trends in cost of production, capacity and demand
- Constantly interface with trading desk for help in information gathering and applying research findings to commercial decision making
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Agriculture Economics/Finance, Political Science, or related field
- Coursework in statistics, calculus and economics, as well as evidence of strong mathematical ability and written communication skills, is more important than exact area of specialization.
- Spanish speaker preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office application, especially Excel
- VBA programming
- Strong communication skills; able to explain complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Team player with strong commercial acumen *Excellent analytical and
- numerical skills with attention to detail
- Keen sense of priorities to meet short deadlines
- Curious, self-directed and capable of taking ownership of one's work; ability and desire to be the "expert" on their eventual area of expertise
- Internship experience and 0-2 years of work experience
Application submission is at the company website at thisisnoble.com - click on the "Careers" tab and then "Search Jobs". This position will be listed under research and then SnD/Tactical.