Summer 2014 Internship, Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence (Future Warfare and Cybersecurity)
The Brookings Institution is a nonprofit public policy organization based in Washington, DC. Our mission is to conduct high-quality, independent research and, based on that research, to provide innovative, practical recommendations that advance three broad goals:
- Strengthen American democracy;
- Foster the economic and social welfare, security and opportunity of all Americans; and
- Secure a more open, safe, prosperous and cooperative international system.
Brookings is proud to be consistently ranked as the most influential, most quoted and most trusted think tank.
The Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence at Foreign Policy at Brookings is seeking a full-time Summer 2014 Intern to assist with research projects, events, and administrative and outreach activities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Researching issues pertaining to specific projects and activitie
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative data evaluation
- Summarizing and synthesizing documents
- Maintaining contact databases
- Monitoring current developments in relevant research areas
- Attending events
- Briefing senior fellows and support staff
Eligibility and Requirements
- Qualified applicants will have a demonstrated interest in one or more of the following research areas: the future of warfare, the future of U.S. defense needs and priorities, trends in the U.S. defense system, military technologies, defense platforms and systems, cybersecurity, and conflict in cyberspace.
- Graduate students, recent graduates, or senior undergraduate students working towards a degree in a relevant field (e.g., international affairs, foreign policy, political science, international law, international political economy, security studies) are encouraged to apply.
Please send a Cover Letter including weekday availability, Resume/CV, and a brief Writing Sample (no more than five pages) to Mr. Brendan Orino at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Summer 2014 Intern Application – Full Name.’ Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.