Staff Videographer, Marketing & Communications Department (Volunteer Position)
The Marketing & Communications department of Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) seeks a motivated videographer who wants to expand his/her portfolio and work for a fast growing global organization of young professionals. YPFP is looking to expand its digital portfolio for its website, and social media outreach. We have an immediate need to record the many events around the DC metro area and other organization events. The Videographer will report to the Vice President and Managing Director of Marketing & Communications.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
· Use your prowess with a camera to document YPFP events;
· Edit and format videos for publication on website, as well as streaming on social media, and other outlets as the organization sees fit;
· Think creatively and artistically!
· Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to develop creative visual solutions that will distinguish the YPFP brand from other organizations.
Eligibility and Requirements:
· General (dues-paying) YPFP member based in Washington, DC area;
· Demonstrated experience in recording large events
· Highly motivated and responsible;
· Proactive ability to seek out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities;
· Capable of carrying out research and necessary preparation for a shoot;
· Experience working in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image;
· Willingness and interest to work with cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software;
· Ability to work across teams and departments of a primarily volunteer-run organization;
· Experience preparing digital clips for approval;
· Experience developing expertise with software to digitally enhance recordings by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults, or moving objects around;
· Interest in foreign policy (but we’d prefer you be interested in visual arts);
· Available 2-5 hours per week
· Available for meetings and events on weeknights after 6 pm EST
· Have own equipment and access to post editing software
To join the staff of YPFP DC, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a letter of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.