Founded by Dr. Zalmay Khalilzad, former U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan, Iraq, and the United Nations, Gryphon Partners (GP) assists clients in emerging markets worldwide while making positive contributions to the global community. It offers a wide range of advisory and investment services tailored to each client’s unique needs and excels at identifying promising opportunities, as well as solving the most difficult business challenges. Additional information about GP is available at: www.gryphon-partners.com.
Gryphon Partners (“GP”) -- an emerging markets advisory firm – is seeking a Staff Accountant (“Employee”) to manage its in-house accounting activities. The Employee shall oversee accounting for GP and affiliated businesses, as described below.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintaining accounts for GP and its affiliated firm Metis Analytics, including all general accounts and account entries
- Generating and tracking invoices and following up with clients to ensure timely payment
- Tracking and paying firm expenses, processing employee reimbursements
- QuickBooks data entry, month-end reconciliation, and preparation of financial reports
- Preparing 1099 forms and other tax-related documentation on an annual basis
- Performing these same functions for the personal accounts of two GP and Metis principals and their non-profit organization, the Alliance for the Restoration of Cultural Heritage
- Coordinating with firm’s outside accountants to prepare necessary tax filings
- Other finance or accounting-related tasks as assigned.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Ability to communicate fluently (orally and in writing) in English
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and remain calm while dealing with complex and changing situations
- Ability to be responsive over email/phone, as needed, at night and on the weekends
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to carefully follow directions and pay attention to details
- Either a BA/BS degree in accounting, finance, business or 1-2 years of relevant prior accounting or finance work experience.
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover e-mail to Alex Pickett (firstname.lastname@example.org) assoon as possible, but no later than April 22, 2014. Start date is negotiable but preference is for May or June 2014. Salary is competitive and commensurate with prior experience.