Senior Consultant, Research and Innovation Policy London or Brussels
ICF GHK (an ICF International company) is a global consultancy. We partner with governments, their agencies and stakeholders around the world. ICF GHK offers services covering the policy cycle - including research, evaluation, impact assessment, and support for policy implementation.
We are looking for a Senior Consultant with experience in the evaluation of research and innovation policy, programmes and projects. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience of evaluating actions funded under the European Union’s Framework Programmes. Ideally this evaluation expertise would be combined with an understanding of one or more of the following policy areas: food chain, ecosystem services, climate change, clean technologies, transport, biotechnology and energy. Examples of some of our current assignments include: an evaluation of scientific grant and procurement funding impacts on European risk assessment for the food chain; development of a financing mechanism for an EU innovation and technology accelerator; and a survey to support a European Research Area study.
You will join a team that provides policy and strategic consulting services on a wide range of public policy issues for the European Commission, European Parliament, national governments and other organisations in Europe. We also work with colleagues from other ICF offices, particularly those in the USA, Canada, India and China.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development and delivery of accurate, timely, and high quality projects and proposals, primarily for European Commission and national government clients.
- Assist in winning, managing and delivering contracts for the European Commission, governments and private sector clients, particularly in the fields of research and innovation policy.
- Provide high quality data collection, stakeholder consultation, data analysis, and report writing.
- Manage work within quality, time and budget constraints.
- Work on multiple projects and interact with a team of policy analysts, economists, scientists and technical specialists in the UK, EU and across our international network of offices.
- Excellent academic qualifications – ideally a relevant Master’s or Doctoral degree in policy or economics.
- Typically 5 – 9 years of specific subject area professional experience.
- Policy appraisal, evaluation and/ or economic analysis skills in the fields of research and innovation policy.
- Previous experience working in a policy and/or consultancy environment for the European Commission and/or for the UK or other European national governments.
- Strong English language writing skills. Native language capabilities or fluency in other European languages (written and oral) would be a benefit.
- Design and specification of qualitative and quantitative research in an evaluation context.
In return, we will offer you an excellent benefits package and a talent development programme to enhance your personal career path. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge and skills and further your career in research and innovation, and environmental and sustainable development policy areas.