Researcher/Writer, Job Link (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a global network of 10,000 individuals who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC; with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
Become a member of a dynamic JobLink team leading the charge to connect talent with opportunity between YPFP’s vast global membership and companies across the world. The Researcher for JobLink will work closely with the Director of JobLink to simultaneously explore new opportunities for the job board while pursuing new relationships with external foreign policy organizations and evolving those already present.
As a Researcher for JobLink you will play a key role in JobLink’s ability to meet the demand from our members to provide them with career services and to become the bridge between our members and the foreign policy community.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Research jobs and career events for the JobLink Job Board
- Manage and develop partnerships with the foreign policy community for JobLink
- Collaborate with the Associate Director to write articles and prepare interviews for the JobLink Newsletter
- Support and develop JobLink events and projects such as the Resume Bank, Mock Interviews, and special lectures for the Tools of the Trade series.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP General Member (dues-paying)
- Interest in contributing to the YPFP JobLink team and engaging with YPFP members worldwide
- Experience with organizational outreach, either in a communications or HR recruiting function
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurship, and ability to work in and manage a team
- Familiarity with Google Apps or other wiki/shared document library tools
- Ability to attend monthly YPFP JobLink staff meetings and quarterly all-staff meetings, while working independently
- This position requires about 10 hours of work per week.
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.