Founded in 2012, the Center on Global Interests (CGI) is a private,not-for-profit research institution focused on promoting new thinking onU.S.-Russia relations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., our aim is to provide fresh analysis of relations between world powers and criticallyevaluate current global challenges. For more information about the Center, please visit our website: www.globalinterests.org.
The Center on Global Interests (CGI) is seeking two interns to assist the organization with its research programs and operations as well as translation needs. The internships may be part-time (15-20 hours per week) or full-time, allowing for flexible scheduling. This is an unpaid position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting CGI’s president and staff in conducting research for publications, as well as drafting and editing for articles, reports, and website postings
- Monitoring news related to CGI’s programming and contributing to a daily news digest for CGI staff and key stakeholders
- Assisting with CGI’s communications, including social and electronic media
- Providing administrative and logistical support, including travel and event planning
- Attending meetings and seminars on topics of interest to CGI and drafting critical memos
- Updating and maintaining databases with individual and organizational contacts
- For those interested and qualified, translating documents from Russian to English and English to Russian
Eligibility and Requirements
- Student enrolled in a relevant graduate or undergraduate degree program, or a recent graduate
- Demonstrated interest in Russia and the former Soviet Union
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- Proficiency in Russian required
- Strong computer skills; website development and maintenance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, flexible, and able to efficiently handle multiple tasks
- For those interested in the translation-centered internship, fluency in oral and written Russian required and demonstrated experience in translation of complex documents from English to Russian
To apply, please submit your resume, cover letter, and one writing sample to Kerry Eickholt at email@example.com.