The Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs is the hub forHarvard University's research, teaching, and training in internationalsecurity affairs. In 2014, it was ranked the world's #1 university-affiliatedthink tank.
We are seeking a research assistant for the director of the center to conduct in-depth research on international security issues, from nuclear terrorism and Iran, to US foreign policy, to nonproliferation, to US-China relations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Research Assistant works closely with other members of the research team and plays a key role developing research products, including:
- Policy memos,
- Journal articles,
- Book chapters,
- Performing related job duties as required
Eligibility and Requirements
- At least one year of related work experience
- Along with demonstrated knowledge of various research methods and statistical techniques.
- Relevant coursework may count toward experience.
- A master’s degree in a related field is preferred, though we will consider candidates who have a bachelor’s degree with extraordinary academic or professional credentials.
- Exceptional writing skills
- A demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision under tight deadlines,
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prior exposure to computer technologies and databases is preferred.
Send a cover email (not to exceed 300 words) toBelfer_RArecruiting@hks.harvard.edu attaching (1) a one-page résumé, (2) an official or unofficial transcript PDF, (3) an analytic writing sample of 20 pages or less, and (4) the names and contact information for three references. The deadling for applications is March 31st, 2014