Research Assistant – EU Energy Policy and Internal Markets for Gas and Electricity
About the position:
The successful candidate will contribute to the scientific support and management of several projects of CEPS’ Energy and Climate Change Unit. The thematic focus will be on European energy markets in the transition to a low-carbon economy and will thus require a good understanding of the EU internal markets for electricity and – in particular – gas, related policies on the EU level, organisational skills and networking abilities.
- Master degree or equivalent professional/academic experience in economics or other European and energy related studies;
- Excellent understanding of EU policy and legislation on internal markets for electricity and gas;
- Background and interest in European energy policy and familiarity with the working of the EU institutions;
- Good networking and organisational skills;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is indispensable;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Ability to work independently.
- Research and report/paper writing on a variety of issues related to the EU energy policy and the internal energy markets;
- Organisation and implementation of meetings, including the preparation of issues papers and minutes of the meetings;
- Representation of CEPS at project meetings and conferences.
Position and compensation will be adjusted according to qualifications. The post starts as early as mid-April 2014 for an initial duration of 1 year to be extended upon demand/performance. Deadline: 30 March 2014. Interviews will be held between 31 March and 2 April.