Regional Administrative Officer/Sr. Officer for Southern and East Africa
NDI is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) seeks a Regional Administrative Officer/Senior Officer to serve as the focal point for the Southern and East Africa team’s regional management and to support the team’s regional democratic development programs. The position is based in Washington, D.C. and is available immediately.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support to Regional Management/Regional Programs
- Manage logistical and administrative matters for the Regional Director, includingmeeting schedules, travel arrangements and financial reconciliations.
- Assist Regional Director to respond to executive office requests for information.
- Support regional program team with program reporting, financial tracking andreconciliations and travel.
- Serve as point of contact for administrative teams on routine requests.
- Manage and develop team-wide tracking systems and procedures and streamline existingprocesses for program and financial reports, timesheets, country-specific office contact, legal requirements, human resource manuals, and security protocols among other information.
- Develop, manage, and update team’s online internal portal page.
- Coordinate the regular maintenance of the regional team’s country pages on the public NDI website, in consultation with program managers.
- Prepare team meeting minutes and share with field offices.
- Maintain regional team calendar, and track regional team-related activities and events.
- Manage regional team-related email listservs.
- Develop and maintain regional team tracking systems for programmatic and financial information, including timely submission of bi-weekly field reports, donor reports and timesheets.
- Develop and maintain system to track program spending and program budget balancesfor the region at a glance.
- Research and share best administrative practices in DC and in field offices.
- Organize and maintain shared regional files, liaise with program, functional and administrative staff to ensure appropriate file retention, etc.
- Support Regional Director to orient new staff on Southern and East Africa team systems,policies, and procedures.
- Under supervision by the Regional Director, coordinate training and staff development events.
- Track the development and updating of HR manuals for NDI offices in the region, ensuring compliance with program regulations and NDI policies, in consultation with the relevant Southern and East Africa program managers.
- Assist with maintaining team database of trainers, consultants and observer delegates.
- Assist Regional Director in tracking field office registration processes and security plans, including phone trees, emergency contacts, etc.
- Assist in managing and coordinating team retreats, meetings and other events.
- Manage inventory of D.C. team equipment and supplies, including computers and other electronic hardware.
- Perform other duties and projects assigned by the Regional and Deputy Directors.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, or a related subject, preferable; Minimum Four (4) years of relevant administrative or office management experience for the Officer level position; Six (6) years for the Senior Officer level. Additional yars of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement.
- Interest in the Southern and East Africa region and its political developments.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously; ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; deadline and detailed oriented; requires little oversight to complete tasks.
- Ability to be creative and to proactively identify procedures and policies to improve the overall efficiency and organization of regional administrative systems.
- Capacity to work both independently with minimal supervision and as a member of a team.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills that foster productive business relationships and effective interaction with staff and vendors.
- Strong oral and written communications skills. Excellent grammar, punctuation andediting skills.
- Ability to ask questions and seek guidance when necessary.
- Proficiency wih Microsoft Windows, Excel spreadsheet applications, accounting-related software, and internet-based content research.
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired.
- Experience with basic accounting and budget tracking.
- Experience with event planning and management.
- Language skills area a plus.
To apply, please visit: http://www.Click2Apply.net/yct5s6g