Recruiter/Outreach Coordinator, Job Link (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a global network of 10,000 individuals who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC; with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Recruiter/Outreach Coordinator will bolster the JobLink mission by assisting the Assistant Director in contacting and retaining strong relationships with recruiters who request to post positions to the Job Board. The Recruiter/Outreach Coordinator is also encouraged to identify recruiters who have not reached out to YPFP and begin to develop a relationship that could lead to other employment opportunities for YPFP members. Scheduling meetings, either in person or by phone, will be a focal point of this position and, after demonstrating efficiency and tact, the Recruiter/Outreach Coordinator will be encouraged to foster these relationships on his or her own. This person will also need to track recruiter information and prior meeting through an Excel spreadsheet. The Recruiter/Outreach Coordinator will work directly with the Member Outreach Coordinator in matching members to recruiters and vice versa.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the Recruiter/Member Outreach initiative by assisting the Assisting Director in tracking meetings with recruiters
- Post jobs from recruiters on the Job Board within two days of the request
- Respond to recruiters requesting to post jobs on the Job Board within two days of the request
- Track information gathered at recruiter/JobLink meetings in Excel
- Reach out to recruiters – inquiring and potential – to cultivate strong relationships that will bring favorable attention to YPFP members
- Coordinate with the Member Outreach Coordinator to decide which members would be the best fit for certain recruiters on a bi-weekly basis
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP General Member (dues-paying)
- Interest in the promoting the Recruiter/Member Outreach initiative
- Comfortable with networking and working autonomously to develop relationships with young professionals in the DC area
- Professional email and workplace writing skills
- Can commit to 5-10 hours/week to Recruiter Outreach Coordinator duties
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.