Public Relations Intern
North America Western Asia Holdings (NAWAH) is an investment firm focused on opportunities in Iraq, the greater Middle East, North Africa, and Asia. Founded in 2011 by Hyatt Hotels executive chairman Thomas Pritzker and former US Deputy Undersecretary of Defense Paul Brinkley, NAWAH is one of the first American companies to make a multi-million dollar capital investment in a reemergent Iraq. NAWAH seeks a public relations intern for the summer of 2013 at its global headquarters in McLean, Va.
Job Posting Date: May 22, 2013
Job Closing Date: June 7, 2013
The intern's primary responsibility will be managing the development of the NAWAH brand name across a variety of traditional and social media platforms. This will entail
- Creating, monitoring and posting on NAWAH’s social media accounts
- Assisting with marketing efforts to target multinational corporations at both a strategic and tactical level,
- Working with our designers, programmers, and marketers to build out the company website.
NAWAH is infused with a startup mentality and gives its interns wide latitude to execute that will only grow wider as the intern proves him or herself. For the right candidate, this is an excellent opportunity to make a lasting impact on our organization in a short amount of time.
Current undergraduates or recent graduates with coursework in related subjects such as International Relations, Political Science, English, History, Media Studies, or Middle Eastern Studies are highly encouraged to apply. The ideal candidate will be
- a self-starter -- capable of working independently given broad, overarching guidance
- an outstanding writer – someone with a flair for presentation and attention to detail
- technically savvy – experience with blogging platforms and social media is a plus
- responsible – a constant model of good judgment, able to head off potential problems before they materialize
- experienced or demonstrably interested in media and public relations
- familiar with international affairs, the Middle East, and especially Iraq
- ready to immerse him/herself in NAWAH's overarching goals as well as its two business lines, Port Management and Supply & Distribution
How to Apply
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 7, 2013. Only finalists will be contacted.