CRA, Inc. has an immediate opportunity for a high-energy proposal manager with 3-5 years experience in producing proposals for high-value contract opportunities within the federal, state and local government agencies and the private sector.
Job Posting Date: June 15, 2013
Job Closing Date: June 30, 2013
The proposal manager organizes and oversees proposal writing, editing, illustration and production efforts in response to requests for proposals, information and oral presentations. The candidate prepares proposal development schedules, identifies the personnel needed, delegates responsibilities and is responsible for delivering high-quality proposals on deadline. As such, the candidate must demonstrate familiarity and ease with performing the following tasks:
- Ability to read a federal RFP and understand the specific needs
- Ability to develop a full RFP compliance matrix
- Ability to set proposal timelines, requirements and make assignments; Natural ability to schedule and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Formatting and comprehension for integration of past performance write-ups and resumes
- Graphic skills a plus (or demonstrated experience working with graphics and desktop support vendors)
- Knowledgeable of available RFP sources and able to perform tailored searches based on detailed criteria
- Supports the Business development team in various roles such as updating the pipeline and searching various procurement websites on a daily basis identifying opportunities.
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal and written communications skills, and will be detail oriented. Excellent time management skills and leadership abilities are also vital to this position.
- Detailed research capabilities
- Working knowledge of the emergency management, business continuity, and continuity of operations; emergency management training and exercises field is a plus but candidates without it will not be disqualified.
- Contributes to the development of the organization's goals and objectives. Frequently interacts with supervisors, outside customers, and functional peer groups at management levels.
Bachelor's degree in English, Communications or Business Administration or equivalent and 3-5 years of related proposal writing and management experience and “pre-press” publications in a medium to large consulting or contracting firm with disciplined process and procedures. RFP (all Fed, state local, private) process experience critical.
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project and Sharepoint are a must.
Candidate must understand the need to be flexible, and be available to work extended and weekend hours on short notice, if necessary.
Position and salary commensurate with experience, skills and knowledge. Ability to prove acceptable contracts award percentages. This is a technical position based in Alexandria, Virginia.