Project Officer (Policy/Data Analyst)
The Higher Education Policy Unit is looking forward to welcoming a highly motivated and experienced professional to contribute to policy monitoring and data analysis on a broad range of higher education-focused topics.
- Policy monitoring on broad range of higher education issues (Bologna Process, lifelong learning, internationalisation);
- Data analysis: compilation and comparison of existing data at national and European level; design and implementation of Europe-wide surveys etc.;
- Drafting and presentation of reports, position papers etc.;
- Related project management and coordination tasks.
Background and qualificationsRequired qualifications and experience:
- Higher education second-cycle degree, preferably in social sciences or other areas relevant for the profile;
- Minimum of 2 years’ relevant professional experience, preferably in the area of higher education;
- Preferably experience in policy work;
- Experience in project management (including budgetary and financial management skills);
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
Required skills and competences:
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written, preferably native speaker);
- Sound analytical skills;
- Advanced IT skills, especially SPSS and Microsoft Excel (expertise in assembling spreadsheets and drawing charts and graphs used to illustrate technical reports);
- Good communication and presentation skills: demonstrated ability to prepare presentations and speak at events;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, against tight deadlines and in a very complex international environment.
The post will be available at the earliest possible date.
The Association offers a contract of limited duration (1 year), renewable under Belgian law and an attractive package of benefits including lunch vouchers and a pension scheme.
Please click here and complete the application form by 27 April 2014