Project Assistant - Justice and Security MENA Region
B&S Europe BUSINESS & STRATEGIES IN EUROPE S.A. is an international consulting firm which based in Brussels since 1991. We provide advice for technical assistance projects in developing and transition countries, particularly to Public and Governmental Institutions.
Our main fields of expertise are Institutional Reform and Capacity Building, in areas such as Justice, Security, Home Affairs, and Regional and Local Development. B&S has managed projects in more than 100 countries worldwide. B&S has a long standing involvement with clients including international donor agencies, particularly with the European Commission, National Governments and their agencies.
The company employs more than 30 full time staff and relies on a trustworthy and well experienced network of in-house and external experts to carry out the implementation of projects. B&S has been substantially increasing its turnover over these years.
Our mission is to contribute to the economic and social development of third and transition countries both by providing international high quality consulting advice and working closely with local expertise to better tackle local problems and existent needs.
In order to contribute to its International Expansion, B&S Europe is seeking one Project Assistants to join our Department dealing with Balkans, North Africa and Middle-East. The duration of the internship will be six months.
Work on EuropeAid requests for Framework Contract projects lot 1: Studies and technical assistance in all sectors, 10: Trade, Standards and Private sector and lot 11: Macro economy, Public finances and Regulatory aspects;
Assist Project Managers in daily tasks including:
o Searching for experts through the B&S Europe database and/or local partners to participate in projects;
o Preparation of technical offers (constitution of the expert team; support in the writing of technical offer) in domains Institutional Reform and Capacity Building in areas such as Justice, Home Affairs, and Security.
o Follow-up and daily management of current projects : mobilization of short term expertise, administrative management etc.;
o Updating and improving IT system, database;
o Researching and expanding our network of local partners and experts;
o Participate in the development of creative and efficient project management.
- Possibility field missions in some of the countries where Projects are implemented;
- Possibility to join a very motivated and professional Team;
- Very good work atmosphere and company culture;
- High level of responsibilities integrated within a highly horizontal management style;
- Exposure to a variety of interesting projects within a company with long-standing experience in working for EU Institutions all over the world;
- Possibility to develop professional consultancy skills, with a focus on justice, security and public sector.
- Recent graduate or advanced student in Economics, Law, Political Sciences or similar, etc...
- Proved interest in the cooperation and development field, in particular in the domains of Justice, Security, and Good Governance;
- Ability to interact with people and establish good relationships;
- Perfect fluency in both English and French;
- Knowledge of Arabic will be an asset;
- Capacity to work within a team ;
- Capacity for independent decision-making and taking initiative;
- Computer skills MS Office (Excel Word Power Point), Internet, and database;
- Dynamic, good capacity of relationship and interaction with people, motivated, high level of commitment and integrity, honest and demonstrating a willingness to work in Brussels for long term.
6 months internship with starting date beginning of March 2014.
Interested candidates should send their CV and cover letter to Mr. Pablo Chiesa (Pablo.email@example.com) under the heading Project Assistant. Only candidates with an internship agreement will be considered. Due to high number of applications, only pre-selected candidates will be contacted.