The Program Associate will provide programmatic support including finance, logistical, administrative, research, writing and data analysis assistance to Middle East and North Africa (MENA) programs. This position is based in Washington DC and reports to the Director for MENA programs.
Job Posting Date: March 05, 2013
Job Closing Date: March 19, 2013
- Implement and manage program aspects of assigned projects including backstopping field projects, work plan development, identifying consultants and sub-grantees, organizing trainings and events, revise and edit reports and documents created by the field
- Prepare program quarterly, final, and ad-hoc reports for authorized internal and external audiences
- Draft short-range, long-range, and annual work plans for one or more country projects as assigned
- Lead monitoring and evaluation process, track and document program activities and its impact to ensure that all grant objectives are met
- Monitor key developments in assigned countries and thematic portfolio including elections, status of relevant legislation and human rights abuses, etc., report and present findings
- Contribute to development of program strategy and assist in the implementation of overall strategy and vision for country projects and/or thematic areas of focus
- Travel to assigned region as required, coordinate all travel logistics for self and others as appropriate
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, or related field
- Minimum six months related experience or combination of education, training, and experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, Arabic, and French, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of human rights principles and mechanisms, and understanding of democracy promotion
- Strong understanding of history, culture, politics and regional dynamics of the MENA region, and expertise in North Africa
- Experience living and/or working in the MENA region or extensive travel to the region
- Strong ability to plan, organize, prioritize work, and multi task to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with others and successfully work as an effective team member
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment in problem solving and decision making
- Strong ability to apply interpersonal skills, and successfully work in a diverse and multicultural environment and with stakeholders in the region
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and meet all goals and deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
How To ApplyWe invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-023 PA MENA in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.
About Freedom House
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
We offer great benefits including:
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance
- 100% employer-paid health insurance; or generously subsidized depending on selected option
- 100% employer paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
- 100% employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental/voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and child(ren)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous matching funds with 2 year 100% vesting schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro, and garage parking in DC
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- And much more……