The Program Associate will provide programmatic support including finance, logistical, administrative, research, writing and data analysis assistance to Freedom House MENA programs. This position is based in Amman, Jordan and will report to the Project Director.
Job Posting Date: March 05, 2013
Job Closing Date: March 19, 2013
- Provide research assistance and data analysis for development opportunities in the MENA region
- Assist in editing/writing proposals, reports, press releases, and briefing books
- Assist in financial management, including preparation of check/wire requests, reconciliations and draft budgets
- Communicate via Skype, email and phone with DC staff, consultants and local partners
- Make travel arrangements and organize logistics for international staff visits and meetings
- Organize events and meetings related to Freedom House programs
- Organize program logistics and provide administrative support
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, or related field
- Minimum six months related experience or combination of education, training and experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and Arabic, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of human rights principles and mechanisms, and understanding of democracy promotion
- Mastery with MS Office Suite specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Demonstrable knowledge of the MENA region
- Ability to accept and complete administrative tasks with a great attitude
- Ability to collaborate with others and successfully work as an effective team member
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and meet all goals and deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
How To Apply
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR. Dept., referencing 2013-022 PA Jordan in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
About Freedom House
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.