Program Assistant for Afghanistan
NDI and its local partners work to promote openness and accountability in government by building political and civic organizations, safeguarding elections, and promoting citizen participation. The Institute brings together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise that can be adapted to the needs of individual countries.
This DC based position will assist the Asia team and support democratic development projects in Afghanistan, in collaboration with regional and field staff, by performing the duties listed below. This six-month position is available immediately.Roles and Responsibilities
- Under close supervision, provide administrative and logistical support to NDI Washington DC and field staff
- Under supervision and direction, contribute to the development and writing of documents and reports on Afghanistan and the region
- Under close supervision, create initial drafts of budgets and monitor program budgets
- Participate in program support and conduct research on programs
- Support proposal production and work plan formulation
- Attend meetings and events in Washington DC on Afghanistan, and share information with NDI staff and partners
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in International Relations, Political Science or a related field; graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrated coursework and/or internships in international development, community organizing, political campaigning, legislative affairs or related subject.
- Experience living/working/traveling overseas preferred
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff, U.S. and foreign government personnel and NGO community
- Good oral and written communication skills to effectively present information and respond to questions
- Capacity to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Google Drive, G+, etc.) strongly desired;
- Working knowledge of basic budget and accounting procedures
- Interest in and knowledge of regional political environment and people
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
To apply please visit: http://www.Click2Apply.net/8vtjdwc