An exciting opportunity has become available working with the Political Section of the UK Representation to the EU (UKRep). The role would suit a pro-active individual with excellent organisational, prioritisation and problem-solving skills. They would also need a track record in good customer service, and to be a genuine team player.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing information about the interests and profiles of British staff working for the EU Institutions, and keeping track of when and where interesting opportunities will arise. This will mean working through senior UKRep staff to manage an outreach programme, driving it forward, and ensuring that all the information we are given is safely stored, in line with data protection rules. Overtime, the jobholder will be expected to establish themselves as the UKRep depository on British staff working for the EU Institutions;
- Arranging networking events for Brits in the EU Institutions and providing policy support on issues related to British staff working in the Institutions;
- Supporting the team’s Parliamentary work, including planning and coordinating visits by Parliamentary Committees, MPs, Ministers and Senior Officials;
- Other administrative support for the rest of the team as required.
- Proven skills in delivering results under pressure, excellent organisational ability and a proactive results-driven approach to problem solving;
- Strong track record in delivering customer service;
- High-quality communications and drafting skills;
- Fluent command of English (oral and written);
- Proven ability to operate in a small team and handle sometimes sensitive personal data.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and awareness of their internal staffing rules and procedures would be an advantage.
- This position will be filled on a fixed term contract and applicants must be legally entitled to work in Belgium.
Taxable gross monthly salary: €2286.10
Applications with a full CV and cover letter in English should be sent to the Recruitment Officer, Corporate Services Benelux British Embassy, Avenue d’Auderghem 10 B- 1040 Brussels or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 21 February 2014. If applying by email, you should include your full name in the message title and your email and attachments must not exceed 300kB in size.
Please note that due to the large number of applications received for our positions, only those called for interview will be contacted.
The British Missions in Brussels are an equal opportunities employer. Applications are welcome from all suitably qualified applicants regardless of age, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability. We aim to reflect the diversity of society.