Photographer, Marketing & Communications (Volunteer Position)
The Marketing & Communications department of Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) seeks a motivated photographer who wants to expand his/her portfolio and work for a fast growing global organization of young professionals. YPFP is looking to expand its digital portfolio for its website, social media and print. We have an immediate need to photograph the many events around the DC metro area and other organization events. The Photographer will report to the Vice President, Marketing & Communications.
To apply, please send a résumé and brief statement of interest to email@example.com.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use your prowess with a lens and an f-stop to document YPFP events;
- Edit and format photos for publication on website, social media, and other outlets as the organization sees fit;
- Think creatively and artistically!
- Work alongside the Marketing and Communications team to develop creative visual solutions that will distinguish the YPFP brand from other organizations;
Eligibility and Requirements:
- General (dues-paying) YPFP member based in Washington, DC area;
- Demonstrated experience in photographing large events
- Highly motivated and responsible;
- Proactive ability to seek out appropriate photographic subjects and opportunities;
- Capable of carrying out research and necessary preparation for a shoot;
- Experience working in different locations and in different circumstances to get the right image;
- Willingness and interest to work with cameras, lenses, lighting and specialist software;
- Ability to work across teams and departments of a primarily volunteer-run organization;
- Experience preparing digital proofs for approval;
- Experience developing expertise with software to digitally enhance images by, for example, changing emphasis, cropping pictures, correcting minor faults, or moving objects around;
- Interest in foreign policy (but we’d prefer you be interested in visual arts);
- Available 2-5 hours per week
- Available for meetings and events on weeknights after 6 pm EST
- Have own equipment and access to post editing software a big plus but not necessary.