Operations & Compliance Internship
CNFA’s mission is to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector.
Spring Term: January 2nd – May 30th, 2014. Application Deadline: December 11th, 2013. Internships are full-time (40hrs/wk) with a $1500/month stipend & 3 paid vacation days. Under the supervision of the Senior Vice President for Operations and Compliance, the OC Intern provides administrative and operational support to CNFA's program operations and finance department with regard to CNFA's overseas and Washington offices.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed
- Support the Executive Projects Officer in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters
- Assist with project management, including compliance monitoring, subcontract development and monitoring, and expense, inventory and grant tracking for projects around the world
- Assist the Operations and Compliance staff with tasks such as filing, scanning, shredding and other miscellaneous jobs
- Manage Headquarters' office inventory and supply ordering
- Undertake occasional trips for office supplies or other errands as necessary
- Assist other departments in areas of interest as time allows
Eligibility and Requirements
- Data entry and office administration background
- Extreme attention to detail
- Major in Business, Economics, Accounting or similar
- The candidate should be a college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student; have a minimum GPA of 3.0; and demonstrate an interest in international development.
- Prior office experience is required, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit an online candidate profile and upload a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample (no more than three pages) through the electronic application form accessible through the jobs section of our website; http://www.cnfa.org. An ability to start earlier than the indicated start date could be looked upon favorably and should be indicated in the cover letter. Please list your name, the type of internship, and internship term (spring, summer, or fall) on the footer of each page submitted. Note that the filenames of your documents for upload must contain no spaces in order for our system to accept them. Please upload the resume first among the other documents. One letter of recommendation should be submitted directly from your reference to CNFA by email (preferred method) with the letter attached in Word or PDF format), mail, or fax to the contact below. Send to: Executive Projects Officer; CNFA; 1828 L St NW Ste 710; Washington, DC 20036. Tel. +1.202.296.3920 ; Fax. +1.202.296.3948; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.