New Member Programming Coordinator, Engagement, Membership Department (volunteer position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders. Founded in 2004 and run by a team of more than 100 dedicated volunteers, YPFP has grown from a start up to a global community of 10,000 young professionals in more than 60 countries with branches in Washington, New York, London, and Brussels.
The New Member Programming Coordinator will assist the Director of Engagement to execute innovative and engaging new member programming events. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive responsibility, personal initiative, creativity, and outstanding communications skills. Ideally, the candidate will possess experience in event planning.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Organize and execute dynamic new member programming events, including quarterly New Member Orientations (NMOs), class service projects, and class social events.
- Design and execute innovative ways for new members to become engaged in the YPFP community based on their professional interests or expertise.
- Develop and present online and offline orientation materials for new members.
- Organize class and small group communications after new member orientations.
- Provide assistance to other membership department projects and represent the membership department at events.
- Answer member inquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP Member (dues-paying), based in Washington, D.C.
- Passion for expanding YPFP’s reputation in the foreign policy community.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills.
- Ability to plan and run events and public speaking abilities highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple activities, manage priorities and meet tight time-lines.
- Ability to attend a membership department staff meeting once per month.
- Minimum commitment of 5 to 10 hours per week, availability to attend meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries in 48 hours under normal circumstances.
- One year commitment to position.