New Business Development Internship
CNFA’s mission is to stimulate economic growth and improve rural livelihoods in the developing world by empowering the private sector.
Spring Term: January 2nd – May 30th, 2014. Application Deadline: December 11th, 2013. Internships are full-time (40hrs/wk) with a $1500/month stipend & 3 paid vacation days. Under the supervision of the Vice President of Program Development, the NBD Intern provides assistance in country and sector research, proposal development and consultant recruiting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to research, writing, editing, creation of graphic elements and recruiting efforts for proposal development
- Rotate receptionist duty and provide administrative support to staff as needed
- Support the Executive Projects Officer in keeping the office running smoothly with a variety of office management responsibilities and event planning for CNFA headquarters
- Work with senior management in creation of development proposals including country and sector research, technical writing and editing, and administrative, graphics and production support
- Track opportunities with key funding agencies including USAID, MCC and USDA
- Work with the Recruitment Specialist on the recruitment of agribusiness experts and local staff for proposals as well as ongoing program needs
Eligibility and Requirements
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially in formatting, graphs, diagrams and tables
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- The candidate should be a college junior, senior, recent graduate or graduate student; have a minimum GPA of 3.0; and demonstrate an interest in international development.
- Prior office experience is required, travel experience and knowledge of another language is preferred.
All internship applicants should submit an online candidate profile and upload a cover letter, resume and brief writing sample (no more than three pages) through the electronic application form accessible through the jobs section of our website; http://www.cnfa.org. An ability to start earlier than the indicated start date could be looked upon favorably and should be indicated in the cover letter. Please list your name, the type of internship, and internship term (spring, summer, or fall) on the footer of each page submitted. Note that the filenames of your documents for upload must contain no spaces in order for our system to accept them. Please upload the resume first among the other documents. One letter of recommendation should be submitted directly from your reference to CNFA by email (preferred method) with the letter attached in Word or PDF format), mail, or fax to the contact below. Send to: Executive Projects Officer; CNFA; 1828 L St NW Ste 710; Washington, DC 20036. Tel. +1.202.296.3920 ; Fax. +1.202.296.3948; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.