National Field director, U.S. Global Leadership Coalition
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition (USGLC) is seeking an experienced National Field Director to strengthen our state networks across the county, comprised of influential business, national security, humanitarian and foreign policy leaders, who support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense.The Field Director will lead a team of up to 6 people, plus outside consultants, responsible for implementing a nationwide program to engage grasstop leaders around the country in support of our agenda. In addition, this senior-level position will be responsible for strengthening our workwith partner organizations and overseeing digital advocacy efforts for our grassroots activists. The position will report to the Executive Director and reside in Washington, D.C.Job Responsibilities
- Serve as an active member of USGLC’s senior staff –
- Participate in overall strategy development and implementation for the organization.
- Lead national advocacy strategy.
- Working with the government relations team, fine-tune and lead the USGLC’s strategy for growing, sustaining and mobilizing the nationwide network of advocates on the smart power agenda.
- Expand statewide advocacy networks.
- Guide and implement national field operation organized around expanding statewide networks of political, business, faith-based, military, academic and community leaders in at least20 key states.
- Oversee national mobilization campaigns.
- Lead USGLC’s national mobilization efforts to organize in-district meetings with members of Congress, partner with national grassroots organizations, energize state-based grasstop.activists, and integrate digital advocacy strategies.
- Manage Staff – Supervise 4-6 direct reports and manage consultants as needed.
The position requires solid political campaign and organizing experience, superior knowledge of the U.S. political process, demonstrated supervisory experience and knowledge of U.S. development and diplomatic programs and policy. The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior strategic leadership, communications, organizing and training skills, and the ability to proactively engage prominent leaders in the political, business, faith-based, military, academic, and civic communities. The candidate must be comfortable with public speaking before high-profile audiences, and working in a fast-paced, flexible team environment. Presidential andCongressional campaign experience is highly desirable. Expertise in digital and mobile advocacy is a plus. Frequent domestic travel is expected. Competitive salary offered, commensurate with experience and qualifications.
About the USGLC
The U.S. Global Leadership Coalition is a broad-based influential network of 400 businesses and NGOs; national security and foreign policy experts; and business, faith-based, academic and community leaders in all 50 states who support a smart power approach of elevating diplomacy and development alongside defense in order to build a better, safer world.
How To Apply
Please email cover letter and resume to Beth Fellman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Field Director” in the email subject. Short listed candidates will be contacted. No calls please.