National Democratic Institute - Monitoring and Evaluation Manager for Asia
The National Democratic Institute is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position supports the Regional Director and Program Managers by performing the duties listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Guide Asia-DC and field-based teams, including country program M&E Officers, in identifying, developing and utilizing performance monitoring tools and systems to strengthen program management and donor reporting;
- Spearhead efforts within the Asia team to develop indicators of success and methods of program impact measurement;
- Work with the Asia and Program Coordination teams to meet donor requirements in performance monitoring and reporting;
- Work with the Asia Team staff to respond to donor evaluations and data quality assessments;
- Coordinate with the Asia and Program Development teams in meeting donor requirements for competitive proposals;
- Support the Asia Team’s participation in the institute-wide Community of Practice for field-based M&E staff;
- Design orientations and workshops on M&E to NDI Asia staff; and
- Support Asia Team members in recruiting qualified M&E staff and managing contracts with M&E consultants.
- Guide Asia-DC and field-based teams, including country program M&E Officers, in setting up and maintaining M&E systems.
- Engage with external stakeholders and donors and negotiate on behalf of NDI for evaluation consultants and contractors.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate degree in a field of study related to international development or monitoring and evaluation methods; graduate degree in political science, international relations, monitoring and evaluation methods or related field preferred;
- A minimum of eight (8) years of work experience working in the field of democracy and governance, with a minimum five (5) years of professional experience in performance monitoring and evaluation. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis.
- Proficiency in SPSS, STATA, and Nvivo desired.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Experience in results-oriented program design, strategic planning and program evaluation
- Experience with designing and employing evaluation tools and methods such as surveys, interviews, focus groups, and research from secondary sources;
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently and as a member of a team;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, donor organizations and NDI partners;
- Superior oral and written communication skills;
- Experience living and working in an international setting preferred;
- Exceptional analytical skills for interpreting complex program issues;
- Experience in supporting international development programs funded by the US and other donor governments;
- Ability and willingness to travel to regional locations, which are often remote and difficult to reach;
- Superior knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications; and
- Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar and Google Drive)
How to Apply:
Please Visit: http://www.click2apply.net/pdx2t78