Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
The incumbent of this position will report to the Institute’s Organizational Growth and Development Officer and will play a key role in the implementation of Resolution to Act, a new initiative of Inclusive Security.
We’re seeking candidates who have experience developing and implementing cross-cutting monitoring and evaluation systems. The ideal candidate will have experience evaluating policy change in conflict and post-conflict areas.
Job Posting Date: March 05, 2013
Job Closing Date: March 19, 2013
- Implementation and continued development of Inclusive Security’s monitoring and evaluation system and Monitoring and Evaluation Toolkit for Resolution to Act
- Provision of technical assistance and training for Inclusive Security staff and oversight of the development and implementation of training for key Resolution to Act actors to design and implement evaluation studies and assessments
- Evaluation of key programs and projects, their achievement of goals and objectives, and their contributions to Inclusive Security’s strategic goals
- Creation of monitoring and evaluation plans for new program development including drafting technical description for proposals to funders
- Analysis of data collected by staff and other stakeholders and drafting of reports
- Coordinate and manage cross-functional meetings and influence program stakeholders to achieve organizational goals
- Demonstrated capacity to provide support and assistance to project staff on the design and implementation of monitoring and evaluation
- Experience evaluating efforts to impact policy
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative evaluation including non-traditional methods such as outcome mapping.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate evaluations, including experience developing evaluation terms of reference
- Experience in implementing M&E organization-wide systems
- Excellent data management, communication, and organization skills.
- Ability to lead and serve as an effective member on a variety of teams
- Knowledge of data analysis software and Microsoft Office is required.
- Willingness to travel to conflict and post-conflict areas
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment where priorities change rapidly
- High energy, enthusiasm, mature judgment, and flexibility
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and presentation skills; strong team player
- Superior writing and presentation skills are a must
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Minimum four years related experience required, preferably in a multi- or bi-lateral organization or in an organization that worked closely with multi- or bi-lateral organizations
- Minimum of two years of experience in a conflict or post-conflict environment, preferred
How To Apply
Interested applicants may send a letter of interest and resume/CV email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line of the email.
Hunt Alternatives serves a diverse population in its programs. Applicants who have life experience and a multicultural background are encouraged to apply. Hunt Alternatives is an Equal Opportunity Employer.