Palantir Technologies is working to radically change how groups analyze information. We were founded in 2004 by a handful of PayPal alumni and Stanford computer scientists. Since then we've doubled in size every year while retaining our early-stage values: a startup culture, strong work ethic and rigorous hiring standards.
Job Posting Date: January 03, 2013
Job Closing Date: January 17, 2013
A new Palantir deployment is set to kickoff next week. You must begin to think, to plan...
What are the customer's toughest problems that we are going to solve? Which challenges cause the most pain for their analysts? How do we design a project plan to most efficiently solve the tough problems, all while navigating difficult political situations and turning the customer into a vocal advocate for Palantir? What is the most efficient plan to train every user while minimizing ongoing support overhead? Which datasets do we focus on? Which user group do we engage first? What internal and external opportunities exist beyond our initial deployment? Overwhelmed yet?
The Mission Specialist is not a Project Manager, though she is comfortable developing and executing project plans. She is not an expert DBA or Java developer, but she's very comfortable with technology. She knows her way around a Gantt chart, but she's a doer, not a talker. She is not a salesperson, but she's comfortable giving demos and talking about the Palantir platform. She is intelligent, passionate, and personable; her mission is to run a Palantir deployment.
This is not an easy mission. We are seeking individuals who want to crush this mission and help shape the future of analysis.
The Mission Specialist will:
· Provide direct support to a range of operationally relevant clients in executing operations within the government, commercial, finance, and healthcare communities;
· Manage a site or multiple sites where the Palantir Platform is deployed;
· Plan thoroughly, avoid meetings, work hard, and squash problems;
· Meet with prospective customers, gather product and integration requirements, demonstrate various aspects of the platform, and ensure user adoption; and,
· Work with Business Development team to capture and finalize strategically interesting opportunities.
· Cover letter strongly preferred; please include examples of interesting projects you have managed or worked on in the past, your analysis experience, and your technical aptitude;
· Demonstrated success in technical project management preferred;
· BA/BS (MA/MS preferred) from a top university in Economics, International Relations, Engineering/CS, Science or Mathematics or equivalent experience within Government Agencies;
· Technical know how (software or database experience is a plus but not required);
· Experience conducting intelligence analysis (civilian or military) preferred;
· Knowledge of, and experience with, analytical tools, databases and tradecraft preferred;
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel from everyday analysts through the leadership ranks;
· TS (or higher) clearance preferred; and,
· Ability to travel at least 25% and up to 75% of the time.
How To Apply
Please follow this link to the bottom of the screen and click on the “Apply Now” link. https://www.palantir.com/careers/OpenPosDetail?id=a0m800000037lN5AAI.