Media Outreach Associate, Marketing & Communications Department (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Media Outreach Associate is responsible for implementing YPFP DC’s marketing and communications strategy in collaboration with other members of the Communications team and under the direction of Vice President and Managing Director of YPFP DC. Daily responsibilities include engaging with external media outlets, and coordinating with social media and programming teams. In addition, the Media Outreach Associate will work with the YPFP DC leadership team to effectively communicate YPFP’s mission and message, build and maintain YPFP’s public image, and support other departments’ activities to ensure effective information transfer and branding.
To join the staff of YPFP DC, please contact email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.
Roles and Responsibilities
● Conveys YPFP DC’s dynamic message and brand
● Engages, establishes and maintains connections with external media sources, working to promote YPFP DC’s message throughout the DC area.
● Utilizes social media, such as Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other emerging media platforms to engage existing members and social media participants as well as to attract new members
Eligibility and Requirements:
● Must be located in DC area
● General (dues-paying) member of YPFP
● Avid user of Facebook and/or Twitter
● Available 2-5 hours per week to engage with YPFP community through social media channels
● Available for meetings and events on weeknights (2/month) after 6 pm
● Superb communication skills
● Team player
● Able to commit to the position for one year