Managing Editor for Broadcast and Media Development
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) is a non-profit, non-partisan 501(c)3 policy institute focusing on foreign policy and national security. Founded in 2001, FDD combines policy research, democracy and counterterrorism education, strategic communications and investigative journalism in support of its mission to promote pluralism, defend democratic values and fight the ideologies that drive terrorism. - See more at: http://www.defenddemocracy.org/about-fdd#sthash.Yi9IKOu2.dpuf
The Foundation for Defense of Democracies (FDD) seeks to hire a highly motivated, energetic and entrepreneurial Managing Editor for Broadcast and Media Development to raise the institution's profile on television and radio, develop relationships with regional media and identify external partners. S/he will identify unique angles and opportunities to position executive staff, experts and fellows as thought leaders; be tasked with forming strong relationships with bookers/producers as well as FDD leadership and staff to create fresh opportunities to present unique perspectives; and take pride in their accountability.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in political, policy, association or nonprofit booking with major electronic media or as a booker/producer for the same
- Superb attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on tight deadlines and with the news cycle as required
- Demonstrated discretion with proprietary and/or sensitive information
- High-level critical thinking skills, sound judgment and calm under pressure
Interested applicants are encouraged submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please. Salary commensurate with experience.