Manager, Public Policy Communcation
The mission of Brand USA is to encourage increased international visitation to the United States and to grow America’s share of the global travel market. In doing so, we aim to bring millions of new international visitors who spend billions of dollars to the United States, creating tens of thousands of new American jobs. - See more at: http://www.thebrandusa.com/About-Brand-USA/Mission#sthash.b2nfu3WS.dpuf
Brand USA is currently seeking a Manager of Public Policy Communications to join our Communications and Public Policy group. This role manages and executes outreach efforts to key stakeholders to promote and advance Brand USA's mission and raise visibility worldwide for the organization, build community engagement, and respond to requests from these stakeholders regarding the organization’s progress toward established goals and objectives. Working with the Director of Public Policy, this manager functions as a liaison with all levels of government and ensures the interests of Brand USA are supported among government partners. The role focuses on engagement and education. All employees of Brand USA are barred from engaging in lobbying activities. Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate government affairs activity in conjunction with Brand USA’s mission, vision,
- and annual objectives.
- Manage the execution of work plans and plans of action with Federal government partners consistent with the Brand USA’s strategic plan.
- Pursue and support opportunities with Federal partners for mutually beneficial programs to promote international travel to the United States and communicate U.S. visa and entry policy.
- Keep informed of issues that may affect the organization or its partners and allies by maintaining intelligence about business, administration, and legislative developments.
- Monitor Federal policy agendas.
- Arrange meetings, conferences, receptions and other outreach programs necessary to pursue Brand USA’s interests and /or issues or to facilitate information exchange between Brand USA and government and/or community entities and promote and augment the member value of the organization’s advocacy program.
- Prepare issue white papers as appropriate.
Eligibility and Requirements
- 5 or more years in government relations, media relations, issues management, and/or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate in a non-partisan manner.
- Experience working with industry analysts to facilitate briefings and educational events.
- Demonstrated analytical and conceptual problem-solving ability; oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, government, or related field.
- Fast paced, professional office environment with noise levels ranging from moderate to loud
- Must be able to use a computer at a work station for long periods of time and to accommodate potentially frequent interruptions
- Travel may be required
For full consideration, submit a cover letter, resume and salary history by March 14, 2014, to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 202-822-2196, or mail to: Brand USA 1725 I Street, Suite 800 Washington, DC 20006 ATTN: Human Resources No Phone Calls