JobLink Promoter (Volunteer)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders. Founded in 2004 and run by a team of more than 100 dedicated volunteers, YPFP has grown from a start up to a global community of 10,000 young professionals in more than 60 countries with branches in Washington, New York, London, and Brussels.
The Promoter will work with both the Event Coordinator and the Newsletter Editor to provide support in carrying out their tasks. This is a great position to develop marketing skills within the career services section of Young Professionals in Foreign Policy. The Promoter will also work with the Marketing and Communications Team to promote JobLink Events through social media channels. The Promoter will be expected to volunteer for a year and contribute at minimum five hours per week, specifically for JobLink Events.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Event Coordinator in making sure JobLink Events are posted on the website and are promoted through social media channels.
- Support the Newsletter Editor in the production of the Newsletter and the promotion of the Newsletter.
- Compose career-related Tweets and Facebook posts on articles of interest to YPFP members.
- Explore the idea of doing short promotional videos of the JobLink Team in action.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Experience in promoting any type of initiative during a job, internship, academic or other voluntary experience.
- Knowledge of working with social media sites.
- Basic photo and video skills.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the firstname.lastname@example.org