Internship - International Operations
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
The intern will work closely with the International Operations office, providing support for long-term projects and day to day operations.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Learn how to provide general backstopping and support for the Desk Officer supporting our field programs in Great Lakes/West Africa and Latin America/Caribbean
- Learn to edit, review and/or draft program reports, program proposals, and concept notes
- Learn to assist in regularly updating the grants files
- Learn to assist in developing materials about country programs as needed
- Attend meetings as necessary related to program region.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Masters Degree or Masters Candidate in relevant field (MPH, MSW, or similar)
- Strong writing skills
- Strong initiative and interest in learning
- Prefer working experience with INGOs
- Prefer experience in the International Development sector
Interested applicant should apply directly through International Medical Corps website at: https://careers.internationalmedicalcorps.org/Careers.aspx?adata=GWKRfcWTyl0pyDtiXZYSD3g%2fYHcbFRRTJCrfrQtpdNIprvia640NuNekM8KYseXxiFnv%2fIKSQn3mlzoHqNorlQ%3d%3d