The Center for European Policy Analysis (CEPA) is a non-profit, non-partisan public policy research institute dedicated to the study of Central and Eastern Europe. Founded in 2005, CEPA provides a forum for scholarlyresearch, writing and debate on key issues affecting the countries of the Central and Eastern European region, their membership in the European Union and relationship with the United States.
CEPA seeks qualified, motivated graduate students to serve as interns in its Washington, DC office. The program is a semester long and aims at: generating increased scholarly interest in the study of Central Europe, immersing graduate students in EU and Central European policy issue, and introducing students to the Washington, DC non-profit and policy communities.
Roles and Responsiblities
- Conduct original research on current Central European affairs.
- Interact with U.S. and European policymakers, analysts and scholars.
- Participate in CEPA conferences and public events.
Eligibility and Requirements
- A graduate academic background in European studies or international politics.
- A personal interest and/or linguistic background in Central Europe.
This is an unpaid position. Candidates may indicate their interest by submitting a resume, cover letter and brief (2-4 page) writing sample. In your cover letter, please indicate your weekly availability (which mornings and/or afternoons you would be available each day of the workweek) as well as the semester for which you would like to apply:
- Spring Semester - Application deadline: November 15.- Summer - Application deadline: March 15.- Fall Semester - Application deadline: June 15.Please send all application materials to: email@example.comCenter for European Policy Analysis1225 19th Street NWSuite 450Washington, DC 20036