Intern/Project Assistant (Spring 2014): Latin America and the Caribbean
NDI and its local partners work to promote openness and accountability in government by building political and civic organizations, safeguarding elections, and promoting citizen participation. The Institute brings together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise that can be adapted to the needs of individual countries.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking candidates currently enrolled in undergraduate or graduate programs or recent graduates for internships with NDI's Latin America and the Caribbean team. We strongly encourage the inclusion of a cover letter as part of the application. This internship requires a time commitment of 40 hours per week. Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist the LAC team in organizing and implementing democracy development programs.
- Collect and distribute to the LAC team foreign and domestic newspaper, magazine, or journal clippings pertaining to Latin American and Caribbean affairs.
- Attend meetings and seminars on Latin American and Caribbean affairs and prepare written presentations to LAC team members.
- Translate documents from Spanish to English and from English to Spanish.
- Conduct special projects as needed.
- Provide other logistical and administrative support to the LAC team.
- Assist with administrative duties such as filing, faxing, copying, and mailings.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Generally pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in political science, international affairs or a related field.
- Fluent in Spanish (speaking, reading, writing), French a plus.
- Available to work 40 hours per week.
- Website development and maintenance experience desirable.
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team.
- Diligent in work processes.
- Flexible in schedule, attitude and work prioritization.
- Demonstrated interest in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Willing to commit to a full semester upon accepting an internship.
Application Instructions This is a paid internship. Interns are encouraged to attend workshops, lectures and other staff development events at NDI. We strongly encourage the inclusion of a cover letter as part of the application. This internship requires a time commitment of 40 hours per week. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted. Applications must be submitted no later than January 17, 2014. Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/sfxs3zs