International Relations Internship Advisor (Part Time)
The Washington Internship Institute (WII), an educational nonprofit organization in Washington, DC offering an academic internship program for students from across the nation and around the world, seeks a part-time internship advisor with a background in international relations. Learn more about WII at www.wiidc.org.
The internship advisor works with undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates who plan to pursue careers in international relations, international business, foreign languages, etc. He or she works closely with students throughout the placement process, learning about their interests, researching relevant internships, advising students on their internship applications, arranging phone interviews, etc.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with perspective internship sites
- Keep detailed records
- Be able to work part-time near Farragut North
- Network with student
- Proofreading resumes and coverletters
- Maintaining knowledge of available career opportunities
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of experience in the field of international relations
- Commitment to higher education
- Enthusiasm for providing students with exceptional professional development experiences
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Ability to multitask and manage details in an organized way
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience using a CRM system and/or database (preferred)
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume in Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Internship Advisor” in the subject line. No calls, please. Due to the large volume of applications, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in WII!