Intern: Southern and East Africa
NDI and its local partners work to promote openness and accountability in government by building political and civic organizations, safeguarding elections, and promoting citizen participation. The Institute brings together individuals and groups to share ideas, knowledge, experiences and expertise that can be adapted to the needs of individual countries.
The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is seeking undergraduate or graduate candidates for internships with NDI's Southern and East Africa (SEA) programs for the Winter / Spring 2014 intern cycle. The intern will be responsible for conducting country and program-specific research, attending meetings on Southern and East African Affairs and providing administrative support for country programs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Research and gather materials for country specific programs
- Assist in the backstopping of field offices activities
- Collect and distribute to the SEA team news updates
- Attend meetings and seminars on Southern and East African affairs and prepare oral and written presentations to SEA team members
- Assist in the preparation and drafting of periodical reports
- Provide administrative support to assigned country programs, including filing, faxing, copying, mailing, and/or event preparation; and
- Conduct special projects as needed.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Demonstrated interest in Southern and East Africa;
- Generally pursing a undergraduate or graduate program, or a recent graduate; relevant degree programs might include, but are not limited to, political science, international relations, international development, and African studies;
- Well-organized and skilled in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks;
- Excellent writing skills;
- Able to prioritize, meet deadlines, and work with a team;
- Portuguese/French/Swahili language skills useful, but not required.
To apply, please visit NDI's website at: http://www.click2apply.net/s5zgy6q