Intern, Ministry of Defense Advisors (MoDA) Training Program
About McKellar Corporation:
Established in 2006, McKellar Corporation specializes in the research, design, and implementation of innovative training programs for U.S. government missions abroad. We have an excellent reputation in training for civilian-military and interagency missions and post-conflict reconstruction and stabilization.
We are a small, committed team of professionals that is growing rapidly to keep up with demand for our services. When you work with McKellar, you are joining a leading-edge firm in the emerging and dynamic field of training and readiness for whole-of-government missions in complex and challenging environments.
About the MoDA Training Program:
The Ministry of Defense Advisors program (MoDA) matches senior Department of Defense civilians with partner nation counterparts in order to forge long-term relationships that strengthen a partner state’s defense and interior ministries. The MoDA program offers a comprehensive seven-week training course that includes: professional advisor training; cultural awareness, country familiarization, language instruction; senior-level consultations and briefings; and an evaluated capstone exercise.
Job Posting Date: January 03, 2013
Job Closing Date: January 15, 2013
The MoDA Intern will work with the McKellar Corporation Training and Curriculum Development teams and our client at the Department of Defense to produce course materials and support the implementation of classes and exercises to meet the program’s learning objectives. S/he will report to the MoDA Training Program Project Manager. S/he will support the administration of the course, including drafting and editing course schedules and handouts, coordinating with guest instructors, and aiding in course monitoring and evaluation.
· Monitor the classroom while training is in session;
· Assist the Operations Lead and Logistics Specialist as necessary;
· Coordinate schedules and travel details for subject matter experts, trainers, instructors, etc, in the implementation of training program;
· Editing/Drafting materials;
· Event coordination; and,
· Office management.
· Draft, edit, design, and produce curriculum materials (handbooks, role-player scenarios and scripts, handouts, and other course materials);
· Work closely with McKellar staff, the Department of Defense, and top-level field experts to execute classes and exercises;
· Write internal reports and analyses to for program evaluation; and,
· Update and maintain MoDA Training Program website.
The MoDA Intern is expected to work between 20 and 30 hours per week between the hours of 9:00am and 6:00pm beginning in January 2013. This is an unpaid position. A travel stipend may be available, upon request.
· Interest and experience in foreign affairs—particularly Afghanistan, governance reform, security sector reform, stability operations, reconstruction, civilian-military integration, and interagency coordination;
· Proven track record of office administration and/or event administration, ideally in domain of multinational, interagency, civilian-military, or cross-culture contexts;
· Design skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint sufficient to independently produce finished courseware products;
· Familiarity with Survey Monkey, WordPress, and basic HTML desirable;
· Must be a teamplayer, able to work with others smoothly under stressful conditions;
· Professional writing and editing skills; and,
· Extremely detail oriented.
How To Apply
Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with a subject line that reads, “MoDA Internship Application” no later than 11:59pm on Tuesday, January 15th. Please limit your cover letter and resume to one page each and include the days and times you are available to work. Please no phone calls.