The International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES) supports citizens’ right to participate in free and fair elections. Our independent expertise strengthens electoral systems and builds local capacity to deliver sustainable solutions.
Since September 2003, IFES has assisted, advised, and supported Iraq’s electoral authorities in the preparation, organization, and administration of elections and referenda. With the Elections Support Project, IFES will continue to provide assistance to the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) through strengthening its strategic planning monitoring and evaluation capacity, as well as its internal management processes and systems, and through improving IHEC’s capacity to manage external affairs with key electoral stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Helping to conduct internal review of program records, sharing findings and updating materials as necessary and as directed.
- Assisting in processing of financial forms, including vendor payments, travel expenses, salary advances, etc.
- Support the coordination with the Contracts & Grants division.
- Communicating effectively with field staff and other internal IFES departments as necessary for the coordination and completion of tasks.
- Assisting with organizing events and meetings in DC and abroad related to IFES-Iraq programs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in international affairs, political science, or currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program.
- Experience in maintaining office records preferred.
- Experience in reviewing and preparing financial documents preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge and interest in electoral and democracy issues.
- Knowledge of the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively with program team and other departments.
- Excellent research, analytical, writing, and organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Fluency in English (oral and written) required; Arabic capability preferred.
To apply, please visit IFES's website at: http://recruiting.ifes.org/Careers/Careers.aspx?adata=0O2yrokZsyB0eYjwCl...