Graphic Designer, Marketing & Communications (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for designing visual presentations and graphics. The position will work closely with the Director of Branding and other members of the Marketing and Communications team to create memorable and innovative designs. Responsibilities include redesigning graphics on YPFP's social media platforms, marketing materials, and presentation templates.
- Plans concept by studying information and materials.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Obtains approval of concept by submitting rough layout for approval.
- Prepares final layout by marking and pasting up finished copy and art.
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Must be located in Washington, DC
- General (dues-paying) member of YPFP
- Experience using Adobe InDesign or other desktop publishing software.
If interested, please send us a copy of your resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com