Executive Assistant/Congressional Liaison
As a wholly owned subsidiary of Elbit Systems Ltd. and leading provider of high-performance products and system solutions, Elbit Systems of America® works to exhibit these same exceptional traits in everything we create. Our products and services keep our troops safe, our commercial air industry flying, and our American citizens healthy with the latest in medical instrumentation.
The Executive Assistant/Congressional Liason will provide administrative and secretarial support for an assigned department. Major responsibilities of work performed may include a broad range of complex responsibilities involving proprietary or technical information that includes scheduling meetings and preparing agendas, responding to routine correspondence, researching background material and responding to on-site visitors and other inquires. This person may interface with executive and senior levels of the organization, as well as directly with external customersRoles and Responsiblities
- The Executive Assistant will provide high-level secretarial support to the assigned department.
- Must be pro-active in responsibilities.
- Must be self-starter.
- Must work well under deadlines.
- The Executive Assistant will deal with a broad range of support including: Compiling reports, furnishing information, scheduling meetings, preparing agendas, responding to both routine and complex correspondence, researching background material, greeting on-site visitors, answering telephone calls as a screening agent for Washington Office personnel, ordering and maintaining inventory of office supplies, arranging for/ordering catering for meetings, Assisting with meeting planning requirements.
- The Executive Assistant will generate letters, memos and other executive level correspondence for Washington Office personnel and assignees.
- Will help with the budget preparation and monthly monitoring.
- Will maintain master office calendar as directed.
- Will make travel arrangements as requested.
- Will maintain all department electronic and paper-files.
- May assemble and produce materials for presentations.
- Will use mature judgment in completing activities and operate under general supervision.
- Monitor and maintain office area and equipment.
- Will use MS Office suite applications, to include PowerPoint presentations.
- Will be asked to use judgment and discretion in completing regular assignments. Will create, review and approve expense reports.
- May be asked to take and distribute meeting minutes
- Other related duties as assigned by Vice President, Government Relations.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Bachelor Required
- Functional (sing skill set) - 3-5 years experience required
- Superior communication qualities are needed.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including PowerPoint presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
- Must be able to generate senior-level letters, memos, etc.
- Ability to handle sensitive information.
- Has executed administrative duties within a company.
- The ability to perform other duties as assigned.
Interested applicants should email their resume to Matt Balasack at email@example.com