The Executive Assistant will work on-site at the Pentagon for a Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense (DASD). His/her chief duties will be to maintain the office calendar, assist with communications, schedule meetings, and manage office tasks. S/he will be the key point of contact for office inquiries. This is a full-time position located in the Pentagon.
Job Posting Date: June 15, 2013
Job Closing Date: June 30, 2013
- Work with the DASD’s chief of staff to coordinate office tasks among the staff
- Maintain the DASD’s calendar
- Maintain a calendar for office staff
- Inform the DASD on daily functions
- Schedule and cancel appointments for the DASD
- Coordinate logistical support for meetings
- Maintain office records and files for the DASD
- Establish processes and procedures to improve the work environment
- Answer phones and direct the calls accordingly
- Draft, receive, and send emails, memos and other correspondence on behalf of the DASD
- Conduct research for the DASD as necessary
- Travel with the DASD as necessary
- Other projects
- A current Security Clearance
- Proven track record of office administration and/or event administration, ideally in a civilian-military environment.
- Relevant background to review and edit policy documents.
- Professional writing and editing skills
- Design skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint sufficient to independently produce finished courseware products
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to multitask
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Must be a team player
- Must be able to work under stressful conditions
- Ability to anticipate problems and address them in advance
- Ability to manage strong personalities
- Preferred experience working with human resources and finance departments
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6+ years of experience as an executive assistant or similar role
A competitive salary depending on experience, with full medical benefits.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About McKellar Corporation
Established in 2006, McKellar Corporation is a small, committed team of professionals that is growing rapidly to keep up with demand for our services. When you work with McKellar, you are joining a leading-edge firm in the emerging and dynamic field of training and readiness for whole-of-government missions in complex and challenging environments.