National Defense University (NDU) supports the joint warfighter by providing rigorous Joint Professional Military Education to members of the U.S. Armed Forces and select others in order to develop leaders that have the ability to operate and creatively think in an unpredictable and complex world. National Defense University (NDU) is home to a Defense Department research project called TIDES (Transformative Innovation for Development and Emergency Support) located within The Center for Technology and National Security Policy (CTNSP). TIDES’ greatest strength is its global network of distributed talent. The STAR-TIDES network, stretching from Australasia to Northern Europe, is a mix of individuals, organizations, businesses, civil and military offices and academic institutions. The network is designed to be a resource for ideas and innovation, especially during an emergency or crisis.
NDU is looking for a motivated individual to help TIDES expand our outreach program to meet our increasing needs. This individual must be an exceptional and ambitious writer, an analytical thinker, and a highly-motivated team player. Intern will work closely with the TIDES Event Coordinator on event planning, marketing and outreach. Roles and Responsibilities
- Administrative— Assists with research and writing for reports, briefings, and other materials.
- Communications— Assists with TIDES newsletter updates, works closely with exhibitors and online STAR-TIDES community, and assists with contact management.
- Outreach— Responsible for briefing high level representatives on TIDES attend relevant events as needed and report back to the team. Creates marketing materials (infographics, brochures, presentations)
- Web and Social Media Support – Assists with maintaining, updating website and social media.
- Writing — Drafts content for blogs, contributes to TIDES newsletter and assists TIDES staff with other NDU publications.
- Events Support —Assists with strategic planning and event logistics (organizes meetups, workshops and conferences).
Eligibility and Requirements
- Interest in international relations, disaster relief, stability operations.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite (required) graphic design and web 2.0 skills is a plus.
- Qualified undergraduates and recent graduates are encouraged to apply
- Hours: RAs are expected to work at least 15 hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to Lou Elin Dwyer (202.685.7284) at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 1st