Events Coordinator, Job Link (Volunteer Position)
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with a global network of 10,000 individuals who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC; with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Events Coordinator for Job Link will assist the Director of this program in planning events such as Mock Interviews, HR meet and greets, and special lectures for the Tools of the Trade series. The Special Assistant to the Director for Events will be pursuing and maintaining YPFP relationships with external organizations for the ultimate goal of partnering with other Job Boards and Foreign Policy companies. The Events Coordinator for Job Link will contribute to the Job Link’s mission to link talent with opportunity between YPFP’s vast global membership and companies across the world. Job Link seeks meet the demand from our members to provide them with career/job services and to become the bridge between those searching for positions and those looking to fill positions.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support Job Link team initiatives through assistance to Job Link Events and projects such as Mock Interviews, Mentorship Programs and special lectures for Tools of the Trade
- Create/manage database of existing and target HR partnerships for Job Link
- Research jobs and career events to put on YPFP Job Board
- Assist with the Job Link Newsletter by writing articles and preparing interviews
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP General Member (dues-paying)
- Interest in contributing to the YPFP membership team and engaging with YPFP members worldwide
- Experience with organizational outreach, either in a communications or HR recruiting function
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Resourcefulness, entrepreneurship, and ability to work in and manage a team
- Familiarity with Google Apps or other wiki/shared document library tools
- Ability to attend bi-monthly YPFP Job Link staff meetings and quarterly all-staff meetings, while working independently in between
Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.