NBR is accepting applications for an Event Coordinator/Manager. The Event Coordinator/Manager will be situated within NBR’s Washington, D.C. office, and will report directly to the office's Director while working closely with the heads of NBR’s research groups in Politics and Security Affairs (PSA) and Trade, Energy and Economic Affairs (TEEA).
Job Posting Date: June 23, 2013
Job Closing Date: July 12, 2013
- Event Management: overseeing the organization, planning, logistics, coordination, and execution of NBR events in Washington, D.C. and its immediate environs, as well as at least one major international conference of more than 150 people. While the event manager will be responsible for managing a range of events including smaller private events, the primary responsibilities are the Strategic Asia book launch, the PLA conference, Pacific Energy Summit, Energy Security Program activities, and Engaging Asia.
- Collaboration: working closely with project teams and event partners in all stages of event management, including concept development and post-event follow-up. • Outreach: maintaining and updating content for relevant NBR websites, social media and email campaigns, including managing event registration services as needed.
- Relationship Management: establishing and maintaining effective and positive relationships with key service providers; negotiating contracts with important vendors such as hotels, caterers, and printing and transcription services; working with vendors to ensure that goods and services are provided in both a timely manner and meet NBR quality standards.
- Budget: Maintaining high standards of budget management and identifying savings and operational efficiencies.
The Event Coordinator/Manager must have excellent communication and organizational skills to capably and independently represent NBR in events involving international constituencies, senior leaders, and participants from the business, government, military, academic, and media sectors. The Event Coordinator/Manger should be detail-oriented with exacting standards for quality, execution, and brand management, and up to three weeks annually of international travel is required.
One to three years of experience in event planning and management is also required, with a certificate or degree in event planning/management or a related field is preferred. Candidates with experience working with Adobe Creative Suite or other design and office software are preferred, and should note these skills in the application materials. An interest in Asia and international relations is also required.
How To Apply
To apply, submit the following by email to Ms. Kailani Cordell, Director for Human Resources, email: email@example.com, phone (206) 632-7370.
- Application Form: available on our website at http://www.nbr.org/Downloads/pdfs/NBR/application.pdf
- cover letter that details your qualifications, interests, and availability
- contact information of three references, including name, title, affiliation, relationship to you, phone number, email address
Applications for this position are due July 12, 2013. However, we are seeking to fill this position as soon as possible and the review of applications will start immediately. Incomplete applications will not be considered.