Palantir Technologies is working to radically change how groups analyze information. We were founded in 2004 by a handful of PayPal alumni and Stanford computer scientists. Since then we've doubled in size every year while retaining our early-stage values: a startup culture, strong work ethic and rigorous hiring standards. We currently offer a suite of software applications for integrating, visualizing and analyzing the world's information. We support many kinds of data including structured, unstructured, relational, temporal and geospatial. Our products are built for real analysis with a focus on security, scalability, ease of use and collaboration. They are broadly deployed in the intelligence, defense, law enforcement and financial communities, and are spreading rapidly by word of mouth into applications in other industries and realms of impact.
On the Evangelism team, we’re looking for individuals who want to make government better through technological innovation. The mission of Evangelism is to educate key leaders about Palantir. As part of that mission, we introduce and explain Palantir to smart and powerful people – politicians, journalists, leading researchers, influential bloggers, government types, and business leaders in Washington and beyond. We build relationships, and emphasize how Palantir engineers are solving some of the most difficult problems around the world. An internship on the Evangelism team offers applicants a one-of-a-kind opportunity for individuals to gain extensive experience and professional connections in public policy. Interns will be trained on the Palantir analyst platform and learn how to use the most advanced analytical tools available to conduct in depth research projects in areas of the most importance to policy-makers. Our ideal candidate can not only explain the intricacies of the U.S. budget process, but can also program an app to help demonstrate it (without putting the audience to sleep :) ).
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conduct research and analyses to support ongoing projects.
- Identify and gather open-source intelligence data from relevant sources to analyze current events and emerging trends using Palantir Analytic Software.
- Help the team identify new potential projects and areas for research.
- Execute time-sensitive projects in a fast-paced environment.
Eligibility and Requirements
- A background and/or interest in computer science, political science, economics, or international relations.
- Experience in data modeling.
- Experience in Ruby, Rails, Python, Java, SQL a big plus.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with keen interest in global events and involvement with academic journals, media resources, and/or online blogs relating to domestic and/or international affairs.
- Experience conducting policy research and analysis on a variety of topics and/or regional areas.
To apply, please visit Palentir's website at: http://www.palantir.com/careers/OpenPosDetail?id=a0m80000005XfYVAA0