European Affairs Officer
Reporting directly to the Secretary General of PEFC International and referring to the National Secretary of PEFC Belgium for day-to-day issues, the successful candidate will be an experienced, resourceful and excellent communicator providing lobbying, liaison and analysis on forest certification issues and policies relating to or affecting forestry, wood and wood-based products and sustainability.
The PEFC European Affairs Officer will:
- represent PEFC in Brussels, ensuring a visible PEFC presence amongst the EU Institutions, the different interest groups and stakeholders; leading a mature campaign of policy monitoring, and effective participation, communication and promotions of PEFC in EU developments and institutions;
- gather and analyze information about upcoming EU legislation on all issues related to PEFC's mission in order to ensure appropriate and effective positioning;
- build networks and co-operation opportunities with key stakeholders, supporters and potential supporters in Brussels; and
- maintain watching brief of funding opportunities.
- At least 5 years proven experience within a similar lobbying/advocacy position and solid knowledge of the EU structure, institutions, politics and procedures are a must;
- Appropriate knowledge of forestry, certification and sustainability issues;
- University degree in political sciences, forestry, environmental sciences, or other relevant topic;
- Fluent in English a must, with good working knowledge of French desirable;
- Excellent communication, advocacy, networking and writing skills with experience in public speaking and committee work;
- Willingness to work in a challenging and busy environment;
- Ability to work independently and in a small team in a multi-cultural environment.
A covering letter and CV to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.