EU Policy Officer - Integrity in EU Institutions
Transparency International (TI) is the global civil society organisation leading the fight against corruption. Through more than 90 chapters worldwide and an international secretariat in Berlin, Germany, TI raises awareness of the damaging effects of corruption and works with partners in government, business and civil society to develop and implement effective measures to tackle it. The TI Liaison Office to the EU in Brussels (TI EU) is part of the TI movement. It promotes integrity, transparency and accountability in EU institutions, policies and legislation.
Promoting greater integrity in EU institutions is one the main priorities of the TI EU office. The portfolio has covered such issues as lobbying, ethics rules, financing of EU-level parties, transparency of EU spending and access to documents. The successful candidate will drive TI EU’s advocacy and communications in this area, building on the findings of the EU integrity study that will be published in April this year.
The successful candidate will be appointed initially at a Grade III level (between 3,300 EUR gross per month and 5,200 EUR gross per month). The exact level of remuneration will take into account the candidate’s skills and experience.
Job Title: EU Policy Officer – Integrity in EU institutions
Main function: EU Advocacy and Policy work
Starting date: 1 June 2014
Duration: 1 year contract (2 months trial period)
Location: TI Liaison Office to the EU, Brussels, Belgium
Reporting lines: Under supervision of the Director
Advocacy and policy work on EU institutions
- Coordinate and implement TI’s EU advocacy campaign to increase transparency and integrity within EU institutions;
- Develop TI EU positions in this area;
- Promote solutions to systemic weaknesses identified in the integrity of EU institutions;
- Develop and implement communications strategies using traditional and social (blogs, Twitter, etc.) to increase awareness of corruption risks and improve outreach;
- Ensure the successful delivery of existing projects in this area.
EU Policy monitoring, research and analysis
- Monitor anti-corruption developments and trends in EU institutions and disseminate information across the global TI movement;
- Research, assess and analyse anti-corruption-relevant information, in particular trends, stakeholder, surveys and statistics related to the EU institutions.
Representation and liaison
- Prepare and present the work of TI in meetings and events;
- Network, establish and maintain contacts with stakeholders at the EU level.
Knowledge, experience and skills:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in relevant discipline, for example in Political Science, Economics, Law, International Relations, European Studies or any other related area;
- At least 3 years of professional work experience and proven track-record with EU advocacy or EU public affairs;
- Knowledge of the legal and policy framework of EU institutions;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Good knowledge of policies relating to anti-corruption, integrity and good governance;
- Experience of working with social media in an advocacy context;
- Ability to analyse large data sets would be an asset;
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is essential; good command of other EU working language an asset;
- Team-player, practical approach to problem solving and ability to work in a small team in a multi-cultural working environment.
Qualified internal candidates should submit via email a cover letter, CV (in English) to:firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject line should include your full name and the job title.
The closing date for applications is Sunday 13th April 2014.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Transparency International is an equal opportunity employer.